It's time for Pinvestment

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I'm addicted. Ok ok I admit it, I am highly addicted to Pinterest! I am addicted to all the images that fill every nook and cranny of my computer screen and every last bit of space left in my overly stimulated inspired brain. It is not uncommon for my husband to stage pinterventions from time to time to encourage me to not to waste away the hours of the night.  But to me this isn't wasted time, it's a time to absorb new ideas, paint imaginary colour palettes, eat countless treats without consuming a single calorie, live the life of a stylin' fashionista with money to burn, pet Fifi my soft and fluffy bunny and travel to exotic locations around the globe.



*SNAP* Back to reality!  


I love Pinterest oh yes I do, but I often find myself wasting away hours that I call inspiration. How can this really be inspiration if I use all my free time to peruse rather than get involved! My challenge to myself this year is to limit Pinterest to just 15 minutes a day. Doesn't sound like much time? Perusing Pinterest can quickly pass the time so I have decided to spend 10 minutes each day to look at anything on Pinterest and the other five minutes to search with purpose. Finishing my daily allowable Pinterest time on purposeful searching will result in the inspiration guiding my own projects.

To date I have over 6,000 pins and I don't think I have created any of the craft projects, created my very own pattern or created that ultimate dish. So as part of my 101 in 1001 I have decided to actually make one item that I have pinned per month- I call this the Pinvestment. That will be 32.88 projects in total so I'll be aiming for 33 completed projects by 29 September 2015. 33 projects to develop skills, try new things and mostly to let inspiration come to fruition in life.

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday 5 February 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply